Are You Eligible?
Yorventure is planning to distribute its next, and final, round of funding in August 2017. Details of how to apply for that round will be published in the New Year, but the funding criteria will be as follows:
- The project must comply with ENTRUST category D or DA criteria.
- All projects must be based at a single site location. Projects involving multiple sites must apply separately for each site.
- The project must be within 10 kilometers (as the crow flies) of Yorwaste waste transfer stations and active landfill sites. These are located at:
Dunslow Road, Eastfield, YO11 3UT
Tinker Lane, Rufforth Y023 3RR
Brompton Road, Scorton DL10 6AB
Harrogate Road, Skipton BD23 6AD
Fairfield Way, Whitby YO22 4PU
Claro road, Harrogate, HG1 4AT
Showfield Lane, Malton, YO17 6BT
To comply with LCF rules, the project must also be within 10 miles of a licensed landfill site (not necessarily a Yorwaste site). A list of licensed landfill sites can be found here: www.gov.uk/government/publications/landfill-tax-site-operators You may contact us if you need help with this.
- Your project must not operate to make a profit. All income generated by the project must solely be used for running and maintenance costs.
- Unless your project is a category DA project, it must be accessible to the general public at least 4 evenings or 2 days a week or 104 days in a year.
Yorventure considers grants from £5,000 up to £50,000. The Yorventure grant must fund between 50% and 100% of the entire project cost. Where applicants are applying for 100% funding, they must demonstrate a clear effort at trying to secure match funding from other sources”.